A bad hire costs a business an average of £8,200
Recruiting Employees & Developing your Potential Recruitment
Tools available when recruiting employees:
Create your own
Recruiting employees can be costly especially if you make the wrong decision
They have a more comprehensive overall evaluation when recruiting employees and are aware of the skill gaps
21% of companies didn’t spend enough time to test candidates properly before hiring
Most companies underestimate the cost of recruitment by 90-95%
Developing your potential recruitment process
Selecting the right candidates includes two main processes- shortlisting and assessing.
It is a crucial stage when recruiting employees. A vast number of applications may arrive, many of which will be unsuitable in some shape or form.
Selection is the process whereby you impartially reduce the number of applicants to a manageable quality candidate pool.
Using testing you are able to objectively measure and select candidates based on their suitability of skills for the role. Evidence suggests that standardised tests or tests of cognitive ability are good predictors of job performance (Schmidt & Hunter 1998), especially for occupations that require complex thinking.
Benefits of using pre-employment testing when recruiting employees & developing your potential recruitment
Skills Testing can help narrow out unqualified applicants and therefore distinguishing those who are truly talented for the job role. As a result you will be able to eliminate unqualified applicants, identify the high quality applicants and determine the training needs of individuals.
This is why we strongly recommend using Skills Testing when developing your potential recruitment.
It helps you as the recruiter to establish an individual’s skill levels or capabilities and their behavioural preferences and removes the risk of solely relying on a CV.
Incorporating pre-employment tests into your recruitment process and developing your potential recruitment
Once you have successfully recruited your candidates, we offer various employee development tools.
How Skillsarena can help you when recruiting employees
Situational Judgement Tests
Create your own
- "We are currently in the early stages of using the Team Communication Training product. It’s fascinating to see the results of the research. It will be a very useful tool for creating teams for specific products. Skillsarena provide fantastic customer service."
- “Skillsarena’s tests have been used throughout the organisation for all levels of recruitment up to the most senior and have been very well received. The response to the tests has been overwhelmingly positive. All of our recruitment managers are absolutely delighted.”
- “The bespoke test that Skillsarena created for us was a highly effective solution to a big problem. Our client was delighted with the outcome of the project.”
- “Our aim is to be the preferred local employer, by attracting the right people to work in our top performing call centre of which we are immensely proud. Skillsarena have given us a fresh perspective on our workforce and the motivation to build upon attracting the right people through an engaging employer brand.”
- “Choosing Skillsarena was the best business decision we made, the system is slick and easy to use, our business processes are faster and I recommend the company when speaking to others about their recruitment problems”.
- “Some of the benefits of using a Skillsarena testing package include its simplicity, the ability to use it remotely and of course its competitive pricing. Knight Frank is extremely happy with the service. Skills testing is a useful tool when setting apart candidates during the recruitment process.”
- “Skillsarena was chosen because the assessments administered allowed us to track user actions in a simulated environment rather than simply offering multiple choice”
- “Character DNA has been highly effective at ensuring we appoint individuals into the organisation that can contribute to our positive and engaging culture”
- “Since engaging Skillsarena, the team and their assessments, we now have the evidence to ensure the candidates we interview have the skills we needed to perform the job.”