Want to understand your candidate’s thought-process, attitude and behaviours? In just 5 steps we can tailor-make scenario assessments to mirror your organisation’s real life situations, values and work ethic. Sharing scenarios that they may be faced with, will show you whether your candidates will act, behave and react to the scenarios as you would expect in your organisation.
Situational Judgement Tests
What are Situational Judgement Tests?
Situational Judgement Tests measure the skills and behaviours of individuals in work-related situations such as their soft-skills, common sense, non-academic behaviours and practical intelligence.
With four approaches to prioritise, you can understand their values and behaviours in given situations.
As Situational Judgement Tests are created bespoke for a company’s needs, the specific characteristics measured will vary, however this allows you to assess all those that are considered essential for the candidate to possess in order to be successful in the job role.
With Situational Judgement Tests you can
Benefit from bespoke tests for your organisation and role
Sift out 50% – 70% of applicants by utilising as a recruitment selection tool.
Predict your future candidate(s) job performance
The process of a Situational Judgement Test – It's all about you
Benefits of using Situational Judgement Tests
By using real life work scenarios gives a better understanding of how the candidate might operate in the work place.
For the individual, taking a Situational Judgement Test for a company can actually provide them with an insight into the company culture, values and ethics and give them a good indication of what it would be like to work in that environment.
For Companies, Situational Judgement Tests are a very cost-effective yet powerful way to select those potential strong performers from a large group of candidates by assessing soft-skills, practical intelligence and non-academic behaviours. This is a specially good selection method for those with little or no work experience such as Graduates as they provide an effective measure of their potential work performance and ethic.
Situational Judgement Test sample question
You have just had your monthly review & your line manager has praised you for your work & you feel happy with the outcome of the review. You are also delighted that they have not noticed that you are still unable to use one of the IT applications required for your role. Up until now, you have been able to ask a colleague to do this for you. You know that this must improve but you only have another 6 weeks in this placement. What action would you take?
- Be delighted for the praise & agree with the positive feedback from your manager. After the meeting, arrange with your colleague to give you the training you need so that you will be able to complete all aspects of the role efficiently.
- Recognise that you are using up other people’s time & being dishonest with yourself and your line manager. Set aside time for self-development to build these skills.
- Focus on your line manager’s praise & plan to avoid future roles where the areas you are less capable might be exposed.
- Tell your line manager that you are grateful for the praise but you feel as though you need more training on the IT systems.
One of the best actions that could be taken in this situation.
A reasonable action that could help to resolve the situation.
A poor action which will not help to resolve the situation.
An inappropriate action that could make the situation worse.
- "We are currently in the early stages of using the Team Communication Training product. It’s fascinating to see the results of the research. It will be a very useful tool for creating teams for specific products. Skillsarena provide fantastic customer service."
- “Skillsarena’s tests have been used throughout the organisation for all levels of recruitment up to the most senior and have been very well received. The response to the tests has been overwhelmingly positive. All of our recruitment managers are absolutely delighted.”
- “The bespoke test that Skillsarena created for us was a highly effective solution to a big problem. Our client was delighted with the outcome of the project.”
- “Our aim is to be the preferred local employer, by attracting the right people to work in our top performing call centre of which we are immensely proud. Skillsarena have given us a fresh perspective on our workforce and the motivation to build upon attracting the right people through an engaging employer brand.”
- “Choosing Skillsarena was the best business decision we made, the system is slick and easy to use, our business processes are faster and I recommend the company when speaking to others about their recruitment problems”.
- “Some of the benefits of using a Skillsarena testing package include its simplicity, the ability to use it remotely and of course its competitive pricing. Knight Frank is extremely happy with the service. Skills testing is a useful tool when setting apart candidates during the recruitment process.”
- “Skillsarena was chosen because the assessments administered allowed us to track user actions in a simulated environment rather than simply offering multiple choice”
- “Character DNA has been highly effective at ensuring we appoint individuals into the organisation that can contribute to our positive and engaging culture”
- “Since engaging Skillsarena, the team and their assessments, we now have the evidence to ensure the candidates we interview have the skills we needed to perform the job.”