Our intellectual property rights
We own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights in and to this website and all technical infrastructure relating to it.
Material on these pages is copyright Skillsarena or reproduced with permission from other copyright owners. It may be downloaded and printed for personal reference, but not otherwise copied, altered in any way or transmitted to others (unless explicitly stated otherwise) without the written permission of Skillsarena. Hypertext links to other Web locations are for the convenience of users and do not constitute any endorsement or authorisation by Skillsarena.
Access to and use of this website
In accessing any part of this website, you agree:
• not to use this website in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of this website by other users;
• not to upload, display or transmit any materials through this website which are false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful or which infringe the rights of any other person anywhere in the world;
• not to reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of this website or attempt to transmit to or via this website any information that contains a virus, worm, trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component; and
• not to change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on this website and entered by or relating to any third party user of this website.
Material contained in this website may be downloaded, viewed and printed for personal use or internal circulation within your organisation provided that no trademark, copyright or other proprietary notices contained in or appearing on such material are removed in whole or in part. Material contained in this website may not otherwise be copied, reproduced or redistributed in whole or in part without our prior written consent. In particular it must not be reproduced or exploited for commercial gain. All other rights are reserved and users must seek our permission before making any other use of material contained in this website.
Our cookies help us:
• Make our website work as you’d expect
• Remember your settings during and between visits
• Improve the speed/security of the site
• Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
• Continuously improve our website for you
• Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
• Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
• Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
• Pass data to advertising networks
• Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
• Pay sales commissions
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors. You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites. The method for enabling and disabling cookies will depend on which browser you use. Here are the most common browser types and links to their instructions on controlling cookies:
It may be that you have concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Website Function Cookies
• Remembering your search settings
• Allowing you to add comments to our site
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video.
• Disqus – Allows users to comment on our blog posts
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
• ShareThis – provide us with lots of sharing buttons all in one neat package
• Twitter – We use the official twitter buttons on various places throughout the site
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
We collect visitor statistics using Google Analytics – which allows us to understand where our visitors have come from, how they arrived and what they were interested in while they were visiting our site. By collecting that information, we can determine what content users like or dislike and how they want to interact with our site. This then allows us to make continual improvements to the site to provide a better user experience.